Name and address of the data protection officer
The data protection officer can be reached via:
Name and address of the responsible institution
The responsible institution as per the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other national data protection laws of the member states as well as additional data protection regulations is the:
Responsible for content:
- AG Keim
- Universität Konstanz
- represented by its professor, Prof. Dr. Daniel A. Keim
- Universitätsstraße 10
- 78464 Konstanz
- Phone +49 7531 88-3161
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Providing access to the website and creation of log files
Description and scope of the processing of data
Every time a user accesses a University of Konstanz web page, file or other resource, the following data related to this process is stored in a log file:
- date and time of request
- address and file size ( in bytes ) of the resource requested and/or accessed
- the visitor's IP address
- request method ( e.g. HTTP GET for requesting a website from the server
- server respone ( HTTP status code, e.g. "file sent", "file not found", etc )
- referrer website visited prior to this web site as well as the search terms entered, if available
- connection information from the browser and operating system used, if available
The legal basis for storing log files is § 6 para 1. lit e) in connection with § 3 GDPR in connection with § 4 Landesdatenschutzgesetz (LDSG, law for the protection of personal data) in the version coming into effect on 6 June 2018.
Purpose of processing data
The logged information is used to identify, isolate and fix disruptions or errors in the systems needed to operate the University of Konstanz web pages. These may also include disruptions or errors that lead to the restricted availability of information and communication services or allow unauthorized access to the systems.
The last two bytes of the IP address are deleted after 5 days so that any other data collected in the process can no longer be associated with a particular person.
The anonymized information is used for statistical purposes in order to continually improve the quality of the web services provided.
This website does not store any cookies at all.
This website does not contain any forms.
This website does not use any analytics tools to analyze visitors.
Rights for the parties involved
- In accordance with § 15 GDPR, you have the right to request information from the Data Analysis and Visualization group of the Department of Computer and Information Science of the University of Konstanz about any data it saves that is related to your person and/or to have incorrect data corrected as per § 16 GDPR.
- You also have the right to demand that your data be deleted (§ 17 GDPR) or that the processing and use thereof be restricted (§ 18 GDPR), as well as to object to the processing and use of your data (§ 21 GDPR).
- If you raise an objection while in a contractual relationship with the university, it may no longer be possible to fulfill the contract.
- You can withdraw your consent regarding the processing and use of your data at any time. The fact that all data processed between the point in time that consent was given and it being withdrawn was processed lawfully remains untouched.
- To better understand and exercise your rights, please contact our data protection officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have the right to file a complaint with the regulating authority if you believe that the processing and use of your personal data is in violation of the law (§ 77 GDPR). The responsible contact person at the regulating authority is the Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg (state commissioner for data protection and the freedom of information in Baden-Württemberg) (https://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de).
The website does not embed any social media plugins